Online June 1, 2024
Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of our God.
Song of Songs 8:6
What is Synod Assembly?
The Synod Assembly—made up of voting members from all synod congregations—is the governing body of the Oregon Synod. Through a democratic voting process the Synod Assembly establishes synod ministry priorities, approves the synod budget, and elects members to synod positions. This annual gathering of clergy and lay people represents the synod’s highest legislative authority.
- receives information and reports
- elects nominees to leadership positions in the church
- reaches decisions on matters brought before the Assembly
- votes on proposed memorials and resolutions
- sets priorities for the synod’s ministry
- equips and educates those who attend to interpret the mission of the synod in local ministry settings
- celebrates the community that is the Oregon Synod through development of relationships and worship