Greetings Council Members,
Hopefully you are all enjoying a wonderful close to summer!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon at the fall meeting. Please see below for logistics and preparatory reading links.
DATE: Friday, September 13- Saturday September 14th
TIME: Friday 1 p.m.- Saturday 11:30 a.m.
LOCATION: St. Andrew Lutheran Church
12405 S.W. Butner Rd.
Beaverton, OR. 97005
MEALS: Friday- Snacks and Dinner
Saturday- Continental breakfast and Lunch Sandwich Bar
LODGING: Arranged by you. Please contact us if you have questions about reimbursement policy. Here are a few suggestions within a 10 minute drive of St. Andrew
Extended Stay America Portland-Beaverton (503) 690-3600
Town Place Suites by Marriott Portland-Beaverton (503) 605-9368
Comfort Inn& Suites Beaverton-Portland (503) 643-9100
READING MATERIALS (please follow the links):
1) Constitutional excerpt regarding the relationship of the Synod Council and the Bishop.
2) The important and exciting actions of your Churchwide Assembly this year:
- thoughtfully embraced inter-religious relationships
- declared ourselves a sanctuary denomination
- celebrated 50 years of the ordination of women and 40 years of the ordination of women of color in the ELCA
- denounced white supremacy and committed to a deeper engagement with racial justice
- established June 17 as a day of remembrance for the Emanuel 9, those killed in bible study in Charleston, SC in 2015 by young white nationalists
- acknowledged in a social statement that both patriarchy and male supremacy are sinful forces which harm and silence the voices of half of God’s children and are to be resisted as we seek to live, serve, advocate and worship together in the light of Christ.
We cannot wait to meet with all of you and for you to meet the team who will be walking with you. We are bringing abundant energy and excitement for the work at hand and hope you are too!
Please RSVP by 8/31
Email Jemae or call (503) 413-4191.
Do not hesitate to connect with any questions or concerns you may have.