October 21, 2019 - October 23, 2019| $175
Listening to Esther:
Finding our courageous voice in uncertain times
Registration for Bishop’s Convocation is now open!
We are so excited for this next stage of journey together. We need your voice and your participation because we are the synod together. We are looking forward to seeing you October 21-23 in Newport, Oregon. Please see below for details:
- Registration is from 11:00-1:00 on Monday and opening worship at 1:00.
- Hotel arrangements are your responsibility to make. The conference is being held at the Best Western Agate Beach Inn (541) 265-9411. We have arranged a special rate that is available by using the code Bishop Convocation by 9/30 (rates $104-$134) . They can help with any accessible or pet-friendly rooms.
- Meals (except lunches) are provided. Please email Jemae if you have any dietary needs (Gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian) by 9/30.
- Tuesday lunch and afternoon are unscheduled. Consider what you might need to bring for a relaxing, energizing, and restorative few days. Journal? Beach shoes?
- As you know, attendance at the Bishop’s Convocation is expected for our rostered leaders. This time together is an opportunity to connect with the Bishop and colleagues, a time for learning, collegiality, professional development, and prayer. This work is vital. The expectation is that the congregation will cover all costs (including travel). We realize for a few congregations this isn’t possible. Let us know if the registration fee is a burden for your congregation, and once we know how many need help we will know how much we can help. We would like for congregations to carry the cost of the hotel. If you are unable to attend for any other reason please reach out to us by emailing Jemae, or Bishop Laurie.
- This year we are including a way to organize carpools. You can sign up as either someone able to give rides or as someone needing a ride.
Please don’t hesitate if there are questions or concerns we can help with!
Stay informed about upcoming Oregon Synod events.