EMERGING LEADER GRANTS
Leading a new health or human care focused program (less than 3 years old) Formerly known as Burst Grants, the Wheat Ridge Emerging Leader Grants provide up to $5,000 for one year or up to $10,000 for two years to inspired leaders. These grants are awarded to change-makers who are:
- Between the ages of 20 and 35 years old
- Connected to the Lutheran community
- Domestic proposals only. International programs are acceptable if the organization is based within the U.S. GrantsPlus is the only grant program to consider proposals for organizations based outside the U.S.
Questions in developing a proposal should be directed to the Programs staff at email@example.com.
WHAT DOES AN EMERGING LEADER GRANTEE RECEIVE?
- Up to $10,000 in funding for your program
- Additional funds to participate in capacity building activities to invest in the effectiveness of the ministry
- Free attendance to all Wheat Ridge webinars
- Invitation to attend the annual Emerging Leader Convening, hosted and paid for by Wheat Ridge Ministries
- Promotion and networking within the Wheat Ridge community
EMERGING LEADER GRANT INFO & FAQS:
- How much can I request? Applications can receive up to $5,000 over 1 year or $10,000 over 2 years. Request the amount needed to make significant change for your community.
- What does the application include? Application includes a narrative project description, budget, and outcomes measurement plan. This is a list of questions found on the proposal application.
- What is a health or human care project? Health and human care programs encompass the wide range of ways that communities commit to being the hands and feet of Christ in the world. From after-school programs to immigrant and refugee services, health clinics for the under-served to resources for ex-offenders, Wheat Ridge Ministries is looking for innovative projects that promote whole-person health in new and various ways.
- What types of projects are eligible and how does the review process work? Check our Grant Proposal Review Process and Eligibility Information.
- Will Wheat Ridge offer guidance on a program plan? Yes! Review these Starting Smart Questions and your team can also access previous webinars if guidance in specific areas is needed.
- What types of projects have been funded in the past? Visit our Grant Directory and Emerging Leader Project Resource to see successfully funded proposals.
- How are proposals submitted? Proposals should be submitted via the online form. Access the form by selecting “Apply Now”.
- When are proposals reviewed? Proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis. Review the Emerging Leader Grant Award Schedule below for upcoming award dates.