- Livestream worship with only worship leaders in attendance if you are not gathering in person (how to here) (follow gathering guidelines)
- Pre-record worship and share it on social media, your website and email.
- Streamed or taped worship/devotions do not have to be professional quality video productions – simpler is better- keep it short and sweet.
- You know what works best for your context – for some it may be recorded or live streamed worship, for others it may be phone calls or emails, or mailing out copies of worship materials
- Invite your congregation to worship with another who has a broadcast in place – just let your church partner know in advance
- Churches are joining forces, rotating meditation or devotions between different pastors each day
On-line Worship Resources
- How to stream your worship service — A starter guide from the ELCA
- Free, simple streaming service recommended for the technologically challenged
- How to do Facebook Live (Thank you to Jason Bendickson from Salt House)
- Example Letter to congregation regarding canceling worship. (Thank you to Pastor Darla DeFrance from Columbia City Church of Hope)
- Example of a Congregation Health Plan (Thank you to Pastor Pam Gompf from Pointe of Grace Lutheran)
- Worship in Times of Public Health ConcernsPDF Download
- Prayers for Times of Public Health Concern: COVID-19/CoronavirusPDF Download
- Congregational Planning Checklist for Public Health ConcernsPDF Download
- Meet with your finance committee/church council to make a plan of communicating the ongoing financial needs of doing ministry to your congregation. Establish safe (healthy) counting practices for counters (in addition to regular best practices). Some congregations that receive checks/cash on Sundays will need to communicate how/when folks can send to the church. Deposits are getting made how often? Bills still need to get paid. If you have not already, consider online giving! (Tithe.ly and Vanco are good options) Please reach out to the synod office if you need some guidance around altering the budget