April 30 - May 1
Assembly 2021 will be online! Due to the realities of the ongoing pandemic we will be holding Synod Assembly virtually over Zoom. We are excited to gather with you for a 2021 Assembly made richer by last year’s attendees positive feedback, helpful suggestions, and experience.
Friday, April 30, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm; cluster dinner 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday, May 1, 8:30 am- 2:00 pm
$25 per person
Registration opens March 4
As of now, 2021 Assembly is scheduled to be in-person in Sunriver. However, due to the long vaccination timeline, we may be online again this year. The final decision will be made with your synod council by February 1st. A couple of things to consider as you prepare for Synod Assembly 2021:
- Voting members: Your elected voting members must be people comfortable with (or willing to learn how to join) an online meeting (and the access to resources to so).
- Additional voting members: remember that in addition to your regular voting members you can also send:
- Up to 2 people who identify LGBTQIA+
- Up to 2 members who are people of color and/or whose first language isn’t English
- Up to 2 youth or young adult voting members).
What a time to be God’s church! We look forward with hopeful hearts to gathering together in person in 2022. As the Gospel of Matthew tells us, “with God all things are possible.” We have learned, grown and changed thanks to the Coronavirus, and it’s not over yet.
More information coming soon!
Stay informed about upcoming Oregon Synod events.