What is Synod Assembly?
The synod Assembly is an annual gathering of pastors, deacons, and lay people representing the congregations that make up the Oregon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Assembly serves as the synod’s highest legislative authority.
- receives information and reports;
- elects nominees to leadership positions in the church;
- reaches decisions on matters brought before the Assembly;
- sets priorities for the synod’s ministry;
- equips and educates those who attend to interpret the mission of the synod in local ministry settings; and
- celebrates the community that is the Oregon Synod through development of relationships and worship (feel free to change the wording here- I just think we need something in here that is still true but sounds a little more fun and relational).