Training or Establishing Congregational Endowment Committees
The Oregon Synod Endowment Committe can provide training and be a comprehensive resource to establishing your planned giving and endowment programs for your congregation.
Introduction and Background on Planned Giving and Endowments
- Background on Planned Giving
- Planned Giving Is Integral to the Mission
Planned Giving and Endowments
- What Is Planned Giving?
- Understanding Planned Gifts
- About Endowments
Establishing Your Planned Giving and Endowment Committee
- How Does the Planned Giving and Endowment Committee Fit into the Organizational Structure?
- The Functions of the Committee
The Role of Individual Committee Members
- Overview of Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications of Planned Giving Vehicles and Your Endowment Program
- Marketing and Communications Are Linked
- Communication Efforts
- Marketing Efforts
Recognition of Donors
- Importance of Recognition
- Treating Your Donors Well
- Recognizing the Gifts
The Evaluation of Planned Giving and Endowment Efforts
- Importance/Benefits of the Evaluation Process
- Reviewing the Results
- Implementing the Review
Oregon Synod Congregational Endowments Health Checklist
The Synod Endowment Committee wants support congregations as they manage major gifts and endowments. If you have an endowment, this checklist will help us determine how well it is functioning. Please answer the questions below and return the form to us. We will share a summary of this information with congregations who respond.
Fill Out Your Endowment Health Checklist Online Now!
Download RTF Doc Congregational Health Checklist | Download PDF Congregational Health Checklist
Get in touch
Oregon Synod, ELCA Endowment
2800 North Vancouver Avenue, Ste 101
Portland, OR 97227-1643.