Is your congregation looking for ways to fund its most creative ministry ideas? It’s time to apply for support from the Synod Endowment Fund.
Creative Ministry Grants allow congregations to try new ministries. These grants can be applied to any number of projects, and are typically for $500 to $1,000. The money may not be used to offset staffing costs.
Last year, 12 congregations applied for Creative Ministry Grants. Applications came from all regions of the synod, from congregations of all sizes, targeted ministries reaching out to youth and children or the poor, the larger community or the body of believers. To give you an idea of what you might propose, here are last year’s recipients of Creative Ministry Grants:
- Bethel in Portland for an extended summer youth program;
- Camp Lutherwood for media to market their ministries;
- Faith in North Bend for preschool equipment;
- Gethsemane in Portland for their homeless outreach;
- Leaven Project & Redeemer in Portland for partnership & marketing efforts;
- Mission of the Atonement in Beaverton to develop a jazz liturgy; and
- Our Saviour’s Lebanon, for their community garden.
An application for the Creative Ministry Grant is available for download. Applications are due by April 3. We will notify you by April 16, 2013, regarding the approval/disapproval of your grant request. We will be presenting about this year’s Creative Ministry Grants at the Synod Assembly.